Just caught Babel tonight. I'm sure most of you should already know how highly rated this film is. It's amazing. The show lasted close to two hours and a half (the credits scrolled for more than 10minutes) but every moment makes you want to look on further and see what happens. I'm not even going to deny the fact that i was more interested in the japanese story out of the four (you will know why once you watch it), but the brad pitt one was equally moving. Still, i'm still not all satisfied with him leaving Jennifer Aniston but that's not part of this movie so i'll let it be. M18, some nudity, but the who film is tastefully done. There are alot of artistic interpretations that can be done and i'd love to discuss about them with people who have already watched it. Great film, reminds me alot of Crash in 2005.
The Departed on the other hand was a total trouble to watch. I didnt quite like it at all. Minus the fact that i do like people firing bullets at each other's head, the show was pretty much a senseless action packed movie. Okay, i admit that there's a contrast between good and evil and of course the paradox of the definitions. That was the only good point i see in the movie. I personally think it does not deserve the ratings it has. Well, unless of course you're into the whole Jack and Rose thing. Ending sucked.
Watched The Illusionist on Valentine's this year. Reminds me alot of The Prestige which i mentioned earlier. Even though the effects in the illusionist were better and the ending was good, i still prefer The Prestige. Nonetheless, watch it if you have time to spare. I love intelligent movies. =) In case you haven't already realised, most of the movies that i 'review' are no longer screening at the time of posting. I dont usually go to the cinema (you'd be surprised i go to the cinema less than 5-8times in a year and most of the time i go with the same person (: )because it's difficult to find company and it's always at $9.50 when i feel like watching a movie.
another six-sided day has passed